Thursday, June 5, 2008

Week 30

I suppose that I could classify this week as semi-eventful. I had my baby shower last Saturday, which was quite fun. We had a great turn-out of work friends from one of my old jobs, university friends, high school friends, and even junior high friends. We got together at Jack Astor's in downtown Toronto and had a blast. The only problem with such a large group (I think that there were 20 of us!) is that it's hard to talk to everyone. So I spent part of my time chit-chatting with clusters of people to make sure I got to chat with everyone. My apologies if I didn't get to talk to you. :(

Earlier that day, we had a little gathering at my parents' place. My sis was in town for the weekend, taking time off from her busy med school schedule. She'd organized the shower, and did a fantastic job. Anyway, we also got together at my parents' place for lunch earlier that day, and she bought me a really nice cake - VERY yummy too! The writing that she chose to put on the cake was so great that I just HAD to post it here! See photos below.

Kitchen renos are still ongoing. At least now they're done tearing stuff up and have actually started putting things in (e.g. drywall). Hopefully we'll have some semblance of a kitchen in the next week or so. Keep your fingers crossed!

This week we managed to make it to the HypnoBirthing class. We're still making arrangements to do a make-up class with the instructors, but they've been more than willing to accommodate us, so there should be no problem.

Now, for the Stupid Injury of the Week. On late Tuesday afternoon, my ribs on my left side near my back started hurting. I thought nothing of it because I had just gotten over my springtime allergies (yes, FINALLY!), and my ribcage is always a bit sore from the crazy coughing fits. No biggie. THEN, later that night, I sneezed. I have NEVER felt such excruciating pain in my life. Seriously, I kid you not. It was so bad that I screamed. It scared the crap out of the hubby, poor thing. My side was hurting for a good few minutes, and now I'm in constant pain. The pain is not as bad as the post-sneeze pain, but it's still annoying. Turning in any way hurts, as does lying down. Plus, I sneezed a couple of times since then, which causes that excruciating pain to return. I really really hope that it's *only* a bruised ribcage and that nothing is broken. I don't see why or how I could've possibly broken my ribs, but if my ribs end up being broken, it will go down as one of the world's DUMBEST injuries. I'm seeing my OB on Monday, so I'll mention it to him. I'm sure he'll end up telling me to see my family doctor.


My belly at 30 weeks.


PK on the Way Cake!

No comments: