Friday, July 25, 2008

Pick-up

There must be some love potion that my pregnant body is emitting, because the number of guys trying to pick me up in the last few months has been unbelievable.

Just today, I was going into a subway station on my way to work when this random guy starts talking to me and asks if I'm Italian. I say "No," smile, and walk awaym

A few seconds later I see him on the subway platform again, and he keeps pressing me on where I'm from, oblivious to the fact that I've got my headphones on and therefore don't wish to engage in conversation. So I turn around and tell him that I'm from Brazil and THAT'S when he says, "Oh, I didn't realize that you were pregnant. Otherwise I wouldn't have kept bothering you."

Dude, how about checking for a wedding ring? Anyway, he walked away, and that was that.

Although I found the guy irritating (and definitely kind of creepy), I do find the whole situation very amusing when a look back at it.
--------------
Powered by BlackBerry

No comments: