Monday, July 28, 2008

LOL Moment

Today, at long last, the plumber came by to finish up the sink and dishwasher installations. They weren't at the house for too long - just 30-40 minutes - after which we finally had a functioning kitchen!!!

I was so happy and excited that I called my mom to tell her the news. This is what our conversation was like:

ME: Hi Mom!
MOM: Are you in labor?

ME: No. I was just calling to say that the plumber came by!
MOM: You're having a baby girl?

ME: No...the <I>plumber</I> came by!!!
MOM: Oh. So no baby yet?

ME: Nope!
MOM: Oh...
--------------
Powered by BlackBerry

2 comments:

Fawn said...

That *did* have me laughing out loud - thanks for the chuckle! And congratulations on the now-functioning kitchen. And just in time, too! Hope you have your freezer stocked. :)

IndyComp0T1 said...

Yeah, I guess that I'm at the point now where any phone call to anyone may be THE phone call. I'm definitely working on stocking up that freezer. Yesterday we made a buttload of pasta. YUM! Man, I missed cooking!