Thursday, July 31, 2008

You Know You're Almost Due When...

Yesterday I was at Ikea with my mom to buy some chairs to go with the kitchen table that we bought for our new kitchen. You can either blame or curse technology for this, but I was down to two chairs that I liked, so I took pictures of them and mailed them on to the hubby to get his opinion. I also decided to follow that up with a phone call, for a head's up so that we could make a decision quickly.

Of course, I keep forgetting that PK can pop out at any minute now, and that a phone call from me could be the "I'm in labor" call...which is what he thought when he picked up the phone. Apparently he'd been in a meeting and had stepped out because he thought it was time for PK to make her world début. :P

He told me later that when he returned to his meeting, he interrupted the meeting saying something to the effect of, "Yeah, my wife's not in labor. She just wanted me to look at some chairs." Man, do I ever feel domesticated...

BTW, here are the chairs in question. Which one would you pick?


3 comments:

Meandering Michael said...

Which one is more comfortable?

Fawn said...

They're both nice -- I like the look of the first one, myself. Is it really only $20? Geez, we should get some of those, too!!!

The slats in the back might also make it easier to attach a booster seat, when the time comes. You won't necessarily have problems with the other one -- it just depends on where the strap is for the booster.

Good luck!

IndyComp0T1 said...

The $20 one is actually more comfortable. And that's the one we ended up going with. It's nice, functional, and the price was right! :D