Thursday, May 29, 2008

Stir-Crazy

I'm finding it harder and harder to concentrate at work these days if I spend a long period of time sitting at my desk. I'm seriously getting stir-crazy. The aches and pains and all that wonderful ick associated to 3rd trimester are sure hitting me. Today my lower back is hurting. My spine overall feels really stiff. I'm shifting in my chair every five minutes (or less). I lean this way and that way, and I'm sure that that's contributing to my aches. My posture has never been great, and lately, it has been worse. I just feel UNCOMFORTABLE! Top that with the fact that I'm trying to pump out a technical design document complete with inspiring (HA!) technical writing and pretty Visio diagrams makes me want to get up and leave, and enjoy that nice 22C weather outside.

On the bright side, *only* 10 more weeks to go! (give or take)

2 comments:

Fawn said...

My lower back has been sore lately, too - so I literally feel your pain. Is it something a massage therapist or chiropractor could help with, you think? One thing I loved about pregnancy with Jade was the cheap massages - I got a note from the doctor so that our health plan covered 80% of the cost, and an hour's massage ended up costing about $12 out of pocket. Aaahhhh. I keep meaning to start on that for this time 'round... Or maybe sitting on one of those exercise balls instead of a regular chair (or a different chair?) would help?

IndyComp0T1 said...

I'm actually afraid of going to see a chiropractor or massage therapist during my pregnancy. I know that they're trained to work on pregnant women, but I still worry. I would love a massage though. I used to go regularly because I have a tendency to have a stiff back (years of bad posture have finally caught up to me).

I really should get one of those Obus Forme back rests that you can find at Shoppers. I've sat one one of those on occasion, and it's freaking amazing. One thing that I think will help somewhat is propping my feet. I have now a big cardboard box right under my desk to elevate my feet. It helps so much!

There are also some stretches that I learned in my pre-natal yoga class that I'm trying to do regularly at home. They actually do help. One of them is to stand up, bend over a table or chair to stretch out the lower back, and then sway your hips around. It actually works really nicely. I just need to muster up the courage to do these stretches at work!