Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Snapshot

Today I had yet another ultrasound. I think this was #3. After the trauma of my first ultrasound, whereby I had to pee so badly that I thought I was going to explode right then and there on the examination table, I decided to pace myself with the water-drinking business. Unfortunately, I paced myself too much, and even though I'd started drinking a bit of water 2 hours before my appointment, I didn't start drinking the loads of water that I needed until about 15 minutes before the appointment. Needless to say, my bladder didn't feel all that full. And I couldn't fool the ultrasound technician either! She had enough experience to a) see that my bladder was near empty and b) suspect that I didn't stop drinking water until very close to my appointment. BUSTED!

Alas, there is a happy ending to this story. In spite of my lack of water intake, she was still able to get a snapshot of junior. Thank goodness, because I was not looking forward to chugging a whole whackload of water. The cool thing about this ultrasound is that at this stage, PK had visible arms and legs, and even hands and feet! Not only that, she gave us a picture to take home! So, without further ado, behold PK's Internet début:

No comments: