Thursday, January 31, 2008

Week 13

My 13th week of pregnancy started out okay, until I got sick AGAIN! This whole weakened immune system bit is totally not cool. I really really really hope that I don't keep on getting sick like this for the next 6 months. Goodness knows what awaits me when PK starts going to daycare. The kid will be a walking germbag. Of course, by then, I'll hopefully be able to take something to at least relieve my symptoms, or even boost my immune system so that I don't keep getting sick. Oh, how I miss taking my beloved Cold FX. "Scientifically proven by scientists" goodness in a pill. :D

I don't know what I caught this time, but I sure as hell hope that it goes away on its own. It all started out with a tingling in my throat on Monday, and then, next thing I know, my throat feels like it's completely inflamed. Not a good start to the work week. That was made worse by the fact that I actually have to interact with people at work and therefore have to talk. This of course made things worse for my throat. Now I sit here in bed writing out this blog entry, struggling with a sore throat and oodles of phlegm. Just peachy!

Other than being sick, I'm having a hell of a time trying to not lie on my back. Apparently you shouldn't do it past 3 months, as it blocks some major artery which is certainly not something I'd want. It's not all that good for the kid either, so I'll just have to make due with not lying on my back on the couch or in bed. Phooey.

Oh, and to add to the joy, I'm definitely starting to pop out of my clothes. Mostly my pants, which is very annoying. My shirts seem to be holding up okay, which is good. I hesitate to go to a maternity store for pants when I'm not even really showing, but I'd rather do that than go shopping for bigger pairs of pants at a regular store. I call it "fear of fattiness". :P

Speaking of more fat, I've noticed that my upper-chest has been getting um...more endowed. I'm quite frankly a little disturbed by this. I'm kind of used to looking a certain way, and I'm not sure that I necessarily like the extra endowment. They just don't feel like they're actually mine when they're this big. I'm sure my husband would say otherwise though. :P

I probably sound way too cynical in this post, but I think it's just my bitterness over being sick talking, so don't take it too much to heart. Pregnancy has been a rather interesting experience thus far, and from what I've read, it is a pretty amazing accomplishment. The things that need to happen in order for that lowly sperm to fertilize an egg are nothing short of miraculous. You might as well stand on one foot and do a pregnancy chat, because it seems just as likely a way to get pregnant. Okay, so I'm exaggerating. Just having a little fun here!

No comments: