Thursday, June 19, 2008

Week 31

The more I get into my 3rd trimester, the more I've noticed that my energy levels have declined. All things considered, I still feel pretty energetic; however, it's definitely not as high as my 2nd-trimester energy level, and certainly nowhere near my pre-pregnancy energy level. I was told by several new moms that energy drain during the 3rd trimester was common. I guess I thought I was immune to that, because I wasn't feeling in the earlier weeks of the trimester. That all changed around week 31, where I started feeling plain tired. The funny thing is that it's different from the fatigue that I felt in my first trimester. My first trimester felt like I'd been given NyQuil every day for 3 months. I felt as if I couldn't move my body, and I felt drained. The fatigue I feel in my 3rd trimester is totally different. It feels more like I haven't slept in days, and that I constantly need a nap. It's certainly a lot harder to stay awake during meetings, and as part of some cruel joke, it seems that I've got more meetings to attend now, than I did a few months back.

That being said, I'm being pretty stubborn about the whole thing, and try to carry on as if I didn't have diminished energy levels. I think one of these days I'll end up coming home on a Friday night and collapse on the couch until morning. :P It'll probably happen soon, and it'll probably be a good thing. It's probably the only way that I'll slow down!

Another thing which doesn't help with the fatigue is that I get out of breath really really easily. I guess little PK has gotten to the point where she's squishing my lungs. That's okay though - it means she's growing. :) The only sucky part about the whole thing is that by the time I get to bed at night, I'm totally panting. Plus my fitness classes seem to feel A LOT more intense, so I'm just dead after I finish.

Week 31 was also the last week of HypnoBirthing. Although I didn't have the most relaxing last session ever, it was still pretty fun. I'm sad that the classes are done now, because it was nice to have the instructors to talk to about various concerns and questions that we had. Fortunately they're really cool about staying in touch via e-mail, so that helps.

I guess another "highlight" of the week was my doctor's appointment on June 9th. It wasn't a terribly exciting appointment. As usual, I spent more time getting there than I did at the appointment itself, which at least means that everything was fine. He checked PK's position with the ultrasound machine, and PK was still in a favorable position (head-down), so I'm glad. I like to think that it's all due to the nightly stories that the hubby tells PK. He's getting pretty creative with these stories nowadays. They used to be about this and that, but now there's a theme - it's about a bunny and her daily adventures. Sometimes the stories are so elaborate that we have to stop and continue with the next part of the story the next day. It's very entertaining!

1 comment:

Fawn said...

That is so cute of your hubby! Sounds like he has a "forever kid" streak like Michael has. It's a great trait in a dad!