Thursday, June 19, 2008

Week 32

I continue to be plagued by the usual 3rd-trimester fatigue, and the breathlessness is getting a bit worse. It's no cause for concern though; I see it as just another thing that I have to adjust to. It's interesting to realize that pregnancy (at least for me) is all about adaptation. The minute you come to grips/adapt to one of its little quirks, another one is thrown at you. Maybe it's done to keep me on my toes once PK comes along. A 2nd-time mom in one of my pre-natal fitness classes says that the adaptation goes well beyond pregnancy and into childcare too. I guess it's no surprise!

Now that HypnoBirthing is done, I've once again resumed going to my Tuesday aqua-fitness class. I don't know if it's the 3rd-trimester fatigue, but my Tuesday class was KILLER. I was totally pooped after it was done. It was just non-stop movement for the entire class. The same went for Yoga last night. Today I came to work completely sore. It's a good type of soreness - the type you get after an awesome workout - so no complaints! I can only wonder what's in store for today's aqua-fitness class!

And before I forget, a quick update on my kitchen! The cabinets were put up last week, so the room is finally starting to look like a kitchen again. The floors were put in this past Monday, and yesterday the appliances were delivered and the templating was done for the counter. If we're lucky (*knock on wood!*), then the counters will be delivered in 2 weeks, and in the meantime, they can finish up the minor carpentry that's still left. This should put us at a completion time of mid-July for the kitchen, which should hopefully give us time to actually get the house back in order before PK is born, and to have a kitchen-warming party. I'm a being too ambitious here? :P

1 comment:

Fawn said...

Well, I'm the first to admit I'm not nearly as fit as you are, but I always find that muscle soreness causes fatigue. It's a fabulous feeling to get a great workout, but I always sleep a lot harder when my muscles are "under repair", so to speak! Maybe you should take it just a teensy bit easier in your classes! :) Being so active and fit is going to stand in you very good stead after PK arrives, though!

BTW, don't be surprised if you can barely manage to sit up after she's born. It's something that didn't occur to me beforehand and totally caught me off guard, but it should be obvious! Once that little baby vacates your womb, the muscles in your abdomen are slack from all the stretching and give they had to go through during the pregnancy. It only took a few days for them to start getting more useful again, but it sure was a weird feeling! Anyway, I'm sure yours are way stronger than mine have ever been, but I'm sure everyone must notice the difference!