Friday, February 1, 2008

Do you know I'm here?

Little PK, it has been a wild ride so far, and we still have 6 months to go! Along with putting me through the paces in December with morning sickness and extreme fatigue, I've also gotten sick 2x because of you. I'm still coughing up a lung, haven't really slept through the night, in 3 days, and can't take any medication to ease my symptoms. I guess I feel a little resentment.

While you have a nice restful slumber in my womb, developing new bodyparts and organs, I sit here on the outside, wondering how you're doing. Do you even know I'm here? Do you even know that we're sharing a body at this very moment?

Now that the morning sickness and fatigue are gone, I don't even know you're here. Nowadays I only know that you're taking up residence inside me when I get an ultrasound done. Oh, and my growing waistline and chest are minor indications that you're around too, I guess. I may hate the weight gain and the constant hunger pangs, but I guess they're a part of being pregnant.

I'm not mad that you're coming into this world. I'm more scared than anything. It's a life-altering experience, you know! Maybe someday if you have kids of your own, you will understand what that's like. Living for your dad and me alone just won't cut it anymore. We'll need to take care of you. And even when you're well into your 30s, we'll probably still feel somewhat protective of you. But don't worry, we'll try really really hard to not be overbearing parents.

I hope that the rest of our journey together in this body will be more pleasant. I'm sure that my getting sick doesn't tickle your fancy either. Perhaps you could give me a little immune boost? Bah...I guess that's out of your tiny little hands, isn't it? But do me a favor, will you? Maybe when you're big enough, perhaps you could give me a little nudge to let me know that you're okay?

No comments: