Sunday, March 9, 2008

Righting a Wrong

I am happy to report that I finally have a conclusion to the DBA story. Last week, I finally got up the nerve to set things straight with the DBA. I have to admit that I was dreading this particular encounter. So much so that I procrastinated and procrastinated. I think I waited almost 2 weeks before getting up the nerve to tell her.

Last Wednesday, I finally sucked it up and marched over to the DBA's desk and set the record straight. I started off by apologizing, saying that when she'd asked me if I was expecting and I said no, that I am in fact expecting, and that the reason I'd said no to her before is that I hadn't told my manager yet. So now that the news was officially out I was able to tell her.

She was actually really good about the whole thing - very understanding. Who knows, she might've had a voodoo doll of me stashed under my desk for after I left, but on the surface, she certainly took it well. We chit-chatted a bit about pregnancy, and that was that. Mission accomplished, and a bit weight lifted off of my chest! Whew!

1 comment:

Fawn said...

Good for you! :)