Monday, April 7, 2008

Week 21

Week 21 started off with a bang, but not in a good way. Well, kind of. I had my ultrasound that morning, and that was pretty cool. I always enjoy seeing little PK on the monitor. The not-so-good start to the week happened after my ultrasound, as the hubby dropped me off at the subway station on his way to work. I had just gotten out of the car, and started walking towards the subway entrance when I found myself falling back. Fortunately, this time I had something to hold onto - a short wall - which kept me from falling. Whew! That was a close one! What's with me and slipping near the entrance to the subway? Sheesh...

Apart from that, there was no other excitement of that magnitude to report, thank goodness. The other major highlight of the week was that we got some major baby shopping done on the Saturday. We invited the in-laws along for the ride, which was fun. I think my mother-in-law enjoyed it more than my father-in-law did though. At one point we found my father-in-law fast asleep on one of the gliders on display.

We decided to return to Lil' Niblets to do our shopping, since they carried both the stroller that we wanted and the bedroom set that we liked. The shopping trip proved to be fruitful. We spent a bloody fortune, but we bought our big items: crib, a couple of dressers, our beloved Bugaboo Bee, a car seat, and a super-cool glider. The glider cost a bloody fortune, but it is the swankiest glider ever. A far cry from grandma's rocker. The Bugaboo is a bit on the high end too, but the fact that the thing collapses all in one piece and doesn't take up an entire subway car had us sold. We are city folk so mobility and compactness are important.

After taking a brief self-imposed hiatus from my pre-natal exercise classes due to my fall, I was back to taking my Yoga and aqua-fitness classes. I can't remember if I mentioned this, but I switched Yoga sessions. The Yoga class is offered 2x per week, and I'd just picked a session at random. I had to attend a different session one week due to a scheduling conflict, and, although I think the instructor is a bit too new-age for my taste, she does offer a more rigorous Yoga class.

As of April 1st, the symphonic band that I play with is on break for the summer, so I'll probably pick up an extra exercise class now that my Tuesdays are freed up. I'm sure PK will appreciate the break, since for the second half of our season, I was playing the Eb clarinet for most of our pieces, AND I sat beside the piccolo player too. My ears are pretty shot after that...at least she's got the amniotic fluid to shield her wee little ears.

No comments: