Thursday, February 21, 2008

Pre-Natal Class Dud #2

Today was supposed to be my first aqua-aerobics class. I was totally stoked. I packed my bikini and my towel in with my things this morning so that I could go to the class straight after work. The problem is, I never made it there.

You see, I've got this pesky cold. I think I mentioned it earlier. It started on Saturday night, and it has been getting progressively worse. I was okay with it couple of days ago. Sure, my left nostril was perma-plugged, but that was just a small nuisance. I could deal with that. Then, today, all hell broke loose. I woke up with a bit of a sore throat. I'm coughing intermittently (no nasty gooey phlegm like last time, but that could change). Wost of all, my nose is so badly stuffed up that it causes me to gag. Vicks VapoRub isn't doing the trick. I can blow my nose vigorously for a few seconds to let the air flow in, but that only gives me a few seconds of relief. In short, I am a health wreck.

As I left work today, I was still pretty determined to get to that class. In spite of the fact that my nose was all stuffed up and I was getting the chills. I think that the chills were caused by the Arctic air that's pumped through my office building all winter. Nonetheless, it certainly didn't make me feel any better.

Given all of these lovely things, I went with my instinct and decided to forgo today's class. I figure that I don't want to risk getting any worse from sitting in a pool for 2 hours, and I am optimistically hoping that I'll be well enough next week to finally be able to attend my classes. So keep your fingers crossed and knock on wood!

No comments: