Monday, February 11, 2008

Week 15

I'm definitely feeling more pregnant. I'm starting to show more and more, even though it still looks like a wee little bump. Though I have to say that bending over is becoming increasingly difficult. Hard to believe, given that it's a very minor bump.

The mall trip with my sister wasn't a total bust in spite of my little breakdown. I did manage to get the Bella Band knock-off at Motherhood Maternity. I'm not quite ready to invest in maternity pants, so this is a nice little alternative which will allow me to keep on wearing my regular pants until about 6 or 7 months. Yay! One word on maternity clothes. Apart from having that nice little maternity belt, Motherhood Maternity has some super-duper frumpy grandma styles. Total ick. The one thing they've got going for them is that they do seem to sell a bunch of little mom-to-be gadgets, like the band, and bra extenders. Hopefully I won't have to resort to the bra extenders, but if I do, I know where to go. Thyme Maternity is a much much nicer store, and when the time comes, I'll definitely check them out. I guess there's also Gap Maternity and Old Navy, though I haven't really seen their styles.

Although the Indigo store I went to on Saturday had the crappiest selection of Parenting books EVER, I did manage to find The Pregnancy Bible at the Indigo near where I live. It really is a great book, though I have to say that some of the pictures of the nude pregnant chicks are a little too much for my taste. That's just me.

On Sunday we bought PK's very first clothes - EVER. A friend of mine had given me a $50 gift card from Baby Gap, so we decided to go spend it. We picked up a set of 7 one-piece suits - one for each day of the week. Sooooooooooo cute! We also picked up this wee little stuffed duck that quacks. I'm sure we'll regret the quacking very quickly, but for now, it is very very very cute. :) Baby Gap had tons of other nice things that I would've loved to have bought, but it's hard to buy for PK when we don't know its sex yet. We'll only know that in another month, so we've gotta sit pretty until then. Here's a pic of PK's spoils:


Today I signed up for pre-natal classes - Yoga and aqua-aerobics. Between those classes and my weekly symphonic band practices, my schedule is looking pretty packed. Hopefully it doesn't tire me out too much. Hopefully taking these classes will put me a bit more at ease over the whole weight gain thing. It will also be nice to meet other expectant moms. I guess one of the hardest things for me right now is that I don't really have any pregnant friends, especially since most of my friends are guys, and their significant others are still in the girlfriend or fiancée status. So it's just little 'ole me. Sure, parents and in-laws can give all of the advice in the world, but it's nice to hang out with someone going through the same thing as you. Classes start next week, so hopefully that goes well!

No comments: