Monday, February 18, 2008

Pre-Natal Class Dud

I was totally ready to write about my first pre-natal yoga class today. I was really looking forward to it. It would be the first time I'd be interacting with other moms-to-be. My family has been greatly supportive this entire time, but there is nothing like being around others in the same situation as you.

My pre-natal classes are done through a program here called Baby and Me Fitness. I purchased a package last week for 6 months of unlimited classes. Basically, I could attend any number of their classes for the next 6 months. I think I mentioned last week that I'm signed up for yoga and aqua-aerobics (PS: I've been having a hell of a time finding a maternity swimsuit, so I settled on wearing a bikini instead - hopefully I don't wind up looking like a hoochie when I go to my first class on Thursday). The lady on the phone said that I could start the yoga class on Monday, February 18th. Great. Well, one wee little detail. Today ist the Family Day holiday in Ontario. Not only that, it's the first EVER Family Day holiday in Ontario (don't get me started on this). Anyway, the thought did cross my mind that there was a chance of there not being a class today, but thought to myself, "Nah. The lady on the phone would've told me." Well, if she's like everyone else, she probably forgot that there was an upcoming holiday. Hell, I almost went to work today!

So dismissing that little voice in my head telling me that there may not be a class today after all, I headed to my class. And when I got there, the doors to the building were closed. Now the little voice was loud and clear (if you got the Magnum PI reference, you're an old geek :P): "It's closed because of the holiday!" Well, that and the sign on the door saying that the center was open from 7:30am to 5:30pm due to the Family Day holiday was also a big hint.

Oh well...at least I got a good walk in! Hopefully I'll be able to report on the aqua-aerobics class!

No comments: